WHY STUDY IN THE UK?
UK universities are consistently ranked among the best in the world. In the 2023 QS World University Rankings, 12 UK universities are ranked in the top 100, and 38 are ranked in the top 500. Graduates from UK universities are highly sought-after by employers all over the world. In a recent survey, 92% of employers said they would be more likely to hire a graduate from a UK university.
The UK offers a variety of visa options for international students, including a new Graduate Route that allows graduates to stay and work in the UK for up to two years after graduation.
Here are some preferred place to study in UK for International Students:
London is the capital of the UK and is a global city with a lot to offer students. It has a wide range of universities, museums, galleries, theaters, and other cultural attractions. London is also a very diverse city, with people from all over the world living there.
London is home to over 100 universities, including some of the world’s most prestigious institutions. Here are a few of the best universities in London for international students
- University of Oxford: The University of Oxford is the oldest university in the English-speaking world. It is consistently ranked among the top universities in the world.
- University of Cambridge: The University of Cambridge is another world-renowned university. It is often ranked alongside the University of Oxford as one of the best universities in the world.
- Imperial College London: Imperial College London is a leading research university. It is particularly strong in the fields of science, engineering, and medicine.
- King’s College London: King’s College London is a large and comprehensive university. It offers a wide range of courses and is particularly strong in the fields of law, medicine, and social sciences.
- University College London: University College London is one of the largest and most prestigious universities in London. It is particularly strong in the fields of humanities, social sciences, and medicine.
Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland and is a beautiful city with a lot of history. It has two world-renowned universities, the University of Edinburgh and Heriot-Watt University. Edinburgh is also a very popular tourist destination, with many historical sites and attractions.
Edinburgh is home to a diverse population of international students from over 150 countries. This diversity creates a vibrant and stimulating learning environment, where students can learn about different cultures and perspectives.
Manchester is a large city in the north of England with a vibrant economy and a strong student community.
Manchester is home to some of the best universities in the world, including the University of Manchester, which is ranked 27th in the world by Times Higher Education. These universities offer a wide range of courses at all levels, from undergraduate to postgraduate.
- Education: Manchester’s universities are known for their high-quality teaching and research. The city is also home to a number of world-renowned research institutes, such as the University of Manchester’s Institute for Science and Technology in Medicine and the Manchester Institute of Biotechnology.
- Affordability: The cost of living in Manchester is relatively affordable, especially when compared to other major cities in the UK. This means that you will be able to live comfortably on a student budget
Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland and is known for its friendly people, vibrant nightlife, and affordable cost of living. Glasgow is home to several universities, including the University of Glasgow, which is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world.
Here are some of the Best Universities in Glasgow for International Students:
- University of Glasgow: The University of Glasgow is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in the UK. It is ranked 74th in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- University of Strathclyde: The University of Strathclyde is a leading research university with a strong focus on engineering, technology, and business. It is ranked 222nd in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- Glasgow Caledonian University: Glasgow Caledonian University is a modern university with a focus on applied learning. It is ranked 601-800th in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
These universities offer a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in a variety of subjects. They also have strong international student support services, which can help you with everything from finding accommodation to getting a visa.
WHY PURSUE HIGHER EDUCATION IN THE UK
- The UK has one of the most prestigious higher education systems in the world and is home to many Top-Ranking Universities across the globe.
- There are over 130 universities in the UK, ranging from large research-focused institutions to smaller colleges.
- The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) is a centralized application system for post-18 learners to guide them in education progression to university, college, or degree apprenticeship.
- The Bachelor’s degree typically takes three years to complete. However, some degrees, such as medicine and law, can take longer.
- Postgraduate education is also popular in the UK, with many universities offering master degrees and PhDs.
- Master degrees in the UK normally take one year to complete, however, some courses can take longer.
- Taught Master program and Research Master program are the two types of master degrees available in the UK.
- While research master degrees require independent research and the submission of a thesis, taught master degrees involve classroom-based instruction and evaluation.
- Students in the UK can apply for Government loans and Grants to help cover their tuition fee and living expenses while attending college.
- Research is a prominent part of the UK higher education system. Many Universities receive Government funds and private scholarships to research in different fields.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE POPULAR MSC COURSES IN THE UK
Business and Management
- MBA(Master of Business Administration)
- MSc in Finance
- Msc in Marketing
- Msc in Management
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering
- Msc in Electrical Engineering
- Msc in Chemical Engineering
- Msc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Computer Science
- Msc in Artifical Intelligence
- Msc in Data Science
- Msc in Cyber Security
Medicine and Health
- MSc in Public Health
- Msc in Nursing
- Msc in Psychology
- Msc in Clinical Psychology
- LLM(Master of Laws)
- Msc in International Business Law
- Msc in Human Rights
- MSc in International Relations
- Msc in Development Studies
- Msc in Political Science
- Msc in Sociology
Creative Arts and Design
- MA in Fine Art
- MA in Graphic Design
- MA in Film Studies
- MA in Fashion Design
CAN I WORK PART-TIME WHILE STUDYING?
One of the biggest advantages of studying in the UK is that one can earn passive income while studying. Here are some prospective job opportunities:
Students can approach the campus career cell and apply for jobs like, working in libraries, student unions, and cafeterias. You are allowed to work for 20 hours during term time.
Retail and Hospitality:
Working in nursing homes, assisted living centers, restaurants, cafes, supermarkets, and other social service sectors will provide the necessary financial backup for the student.
Freelance and Tutoring:
Social media advertising, graphic design, and video editing are few booming areas where internship offers are pouring in. Students can also take up the role of a tuition teacher and teach what they are good at, online or offline.
Overall, the UK is a dream option for Study Abroad aspirants for the reasons specified earlier. A safe and secure hub providing numerous course options and career growth, the UK should be your topmost priority to fulfill your aim of flying to a foreign country for education.
WAIT NO MORE!
Give us a call and avail yourself of free 1:1 Counselling with our Abroad Counsellor.
Read this blog to learn more about the Study Abroad Process!